Friday, July 12, 2013

South Texas 101

I never expected to see so many differences from South Alabama to South Texas.  I have learned ALOT!!! And seen alot of differences. 
 
First of all you do not "grill out" in Texas you Barbecue!  Ok I have a problem with this one! I dont barbecue a hamgurger or hotdog Alabama folks "grill them!"  Barbecue is a sauce that you add to the meat to give it a seasoning!  ;)
 
Second, you do not take a shower in the morning (especially if you live in a camper).  You take it the night before to prevent all the sweat that will be rolling down your face and body and make it to where you need another bath after blowing drying your hair.  And forget flat irons!  Grab the pony tail holder and throw it up!  Its hot down here!
 
Third, forget the make up.  As soon as you walk outside the 15-20 minutes it took to put on the make up was simply a waste of time and make up.  Again, its hot down here!
 
Fourth, you will not find Dale's seasoning, red hotdogs, and grits.  Better love some hashbrowns and tater tots! 
 
Fifth, the beaches here are nothing compared to beautiful Flordia and Alabama's beaches!
For example:

Texas Beach
 
OR
Flordia's Beach!
 
I must say give me Flordia's White Sand anyday!!!
We even had a freind that is orginially from Texas say that you needed sunglasses to look at Flordia's sand!  hahaha!!
 
Sixth, County Roads in Alabama are 45mph.  Here in South Texas County Roads/Farm to Market Roads are 65-75mph depending on the county and roads.  Now that is one thing I like about Texas!  hahahah!
 
Seventh, WalMart in Alabama is still the same in Texas.  Not so socialable in the greeting dept, lack of customer service everywhere and still only 2 lanes of checkouts open with 47 lanes available.  When will they ever use all these check out lanes.  Hmmmm.....
 
Eighth, when people find out you are from Alabama they ask you to speak southern again and I have had several people sing Sweet Home Alabama!!  Hahaha!!  Sorry but I just could not bellow out God Bless Texas (and everyone knows I do love to sing me some songs)!
 
So with all these factors I must say.........I miss ALABAMA!!! 
Hahahaha!!  But on the bright side only 4 weeks to go!  ;)
And I leave you with this! 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment